Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stay Matte With Rimmel's Pressed Powder

Do you ever have one of those days where it seems that nothing is going right? You wake up late, forget to brush your teeth, leave a little too much conditioner in your hair, or don't have enough time to apply a foundation to your already broken-out-from-stress skin? Well, here's your solution: Rimmel London's Stay Matte Pressed Powder.
The best thing about this pressed powder is that it is good for ANY skin type. Don't be afraid, dry skinned girls, it won't settle into the dry patches on your face. Oily skinned women, it sets your skin to a nice, natural finish without leaving you with a feeling that there is 10 pounds of makeup caked onto your face.

Rimmel's Pressed Powder can be used in two ways:

1. You can use it as a slight mattifying powder for those hot summer days in which you don't want to wear a heavy liquid foundation, but still want a little coverage. Just simply grab your MAC 150 powder brush ($42, wherever MAC products are sold) or any brush with thick, dense bristles, swirl it in the product, tap off the extra, and sweep it across the places on your face that you need the most coverage.

2. You can also use it as a setting powder. Just simply apply your favorite foundation (whether it be liquid or powder, it will work with both), wait just a few seconds for it to dry completely against your skin, and take your large powder brush again and sweep it across your face, concentrating on areas that you get more oily than others (for most people it is their t-zone).

The packaging of this item is normal for any drug store brand. However, it doesn't come with a mirror, so it may be a little inconvenient for on the go use. The scent isn't what I was expecting. With a lot of pressed powders, the scent is usually over baring and very strong (as the product is condensed to a solid), but with this particular formula it smells of a slight foundationy scent (you will all know what I'm talking about if you've ever cared to smell your foundations) infused with a hint of baby powder. If you're sensitive to scents, don't worry, once you apply it to your face you won't smell a thing.

The aspect I really want to talk about with Rimmel's Pressed Powder is the feel. I can't get over how silky and smooth it is. This whole review I've been back and forth sweeping my finger across the powder, trying to determine how to describe it. As I sweep it across my face, I feel nothing but the silky smooth formula enriched with natural minerals. I also notice immediately that the shine is taken away and the pores on my face are concealed (this is without any foundation on my face).
When I first bought this at my local drug store ($6), I was unsure of how I would take to it. But, I found myself, day after day, reaching for it. I've had it for two months, using it (usually) twice a day and have JUST hit pan. This is incredible.

Would I recommend it? Yes, 100%! This is my go to setting powder for the Winter, and my have to have powder for those hot days. Whether you use it for a setting powder, or use it for your actual foundation- just use it.

Tip One: Use this powder UNDER your blush. Don't set your blush, it will take away the color.

Tip Two: Don't apply too much at once. It will leave your skin with a powdery, caked on look. Just one layer over your face will suffice.

Until next time, makeup lovers.